Comprehensive, berth-to-berth voyage planning is a complex and
time-consuming task for mariners. Without Sea Passage software, the task is even more difficult.
Before plotting a course, much data must be gathered and considered to determine a route that meets all necessary criteria for safety, compliance and scheduling.
There are several factors that determine the viability of sea routes. These include vessel details such as equipment, routeing systems, laden levels and safety management systems. Factors relevant to the route, such as forecasted weather, NavArea warnings, environmental zones and piracy risks must also be examined. Finally, there are commercial requirements to take into account, which often concern the vessel’s fuel-consumption and speed, as well as scheduling and cargo requirements.
Passage Manager allows shoreside teams to perform in depth appraisals and plan ECDIS-compliant routes that are as safe, timely and accurate as possible. By simply entering voyage details, including time and port of departure and port of arrival, the solution visually presents the optimal track, complete with a detailed waypoints table. Users can then modify and tweak routes, to understand and visualise how varying circumstances will affect their journey.
All the data, publications and charts needed for comprehensive marine navigation and safety can be viewed and purchased directly through the solution. This ensures that users are always referencing current information and that outfits are constantly up to date.
Faster, Smarter Navigation
PassageManager is comprised of several modules that, together, inform a safe, compliant voyage plan. The synchronisation with outfit management shows the Electronic Navigational Charts (ENCs) that are required for each step of the journey and distinguishes those that are in the current outfit from those that need to be acquired. Charts can then quickly be purchased through the solution.
Consolidated Passage Plan
Using navigational, port, tidal and weather data, PassageManager can create a broad and fully customised passage plan in minutes. The passage plan is designed to meet bridge procedure guides, the navigational requirements set out in SOLAS Chapter V and the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) Convention. It can be adjusted to meet the specifications of each vessel and requirements mandated at the fleet level. Once complete, plans can be saved, approved, exported, and recalled for quick usage and modification at any time.
Improved Insight and Safety
PassageManager makes it easier and quicker for crew to collate all required elements for effective voyage planning. Users aboard can access the latest data, including Notices to Mariners, current warnings and alerts, along and around a route to inform the voyage. Safety and compliance thresholds can be set to ensure adherence to company policies, such as UKC levels or weather limits. Visual alerts signify when a route takes a vessel through potentially unsafe areas.
How it does this
Automatically generate routes between locations, ports or anchorages. Built-in route optimisation uses the latest weather forecasts and vessel safety parameters to optimise the route by time, cost and fuel. Adjust or add waypoints, as required, to minimise risk and maximise efficiency.
Fully integrate ADPs and ENCs to allow granularity during passage planning and live mode. Full waypoint visibility and adaptable to voyage requirements, including highlighting UKC levels and tidal data for a complete picture in one place. Final plans are acceptable for ECDIS.
Customised and Compliant
Create fully customised and compliant digital passage plans in minutes. Multi-level approvals are built in for an effective sign-off process and approved plans are automatically shared with shoreside teams for transparency and ease of operations.
Key modules for complete navigation
- Gather data, evaluate routes and complete complex voyage planning calculations in a fraction of the time needed for traditional methods
- End to end route creation, including detailed waypoints that are fully customisable
- Create dynamic routes that take ship specifications and manoeuvrability into account
- Manage electronic and paper chart outfits and corrections simultaneously
- View and manage ENCs, Paper charts and Notices to Mariners
- Plan weather-optimised routes with up-to-date forecasts
- Set vessel thresholds for weather limits, including wave height, wind speeds and minimum distance from storms
- Use the Weather Playback feature to view how weather patterns will affect a vessel along a projected route
- View detailed port information, including terminal and berth data as well as services and facilities available at a port
- Ensure preparedness for berthing with access to port documentation and certification requirements
- Access port-specific weather forecasts, detailed information about preferred terminals and berths, and images depicting the layout of the port
- Manage electronic and paper publication outfits and corrections
Piracy Alert Data
- View areas where piracy attacks have recently been reported and risk is high
- See global Navigational Area warnings that are updated daily
Request a demo
Let our team bring the value of this solution to life with a customised demo. Find out how PassageManager can help your business.