Modern slavery statement
Our policy is to ensure that everyone who works with a member of the Lloyds Register Group understands that unlawful or unethical business practices, including any form of modern slavery, will not be tolerated within our business or supply chain.
In support of this policy we:
- are a signatory to the UN Global Compact and commit to ensuring that these principles are reflected in our business strategy, day-to-day operations, organisational culture, sphere of influence and relationship with suppliers;
- maintain a code of ethics (GMS01-02 Code of Ethics) that helps us to ensure we do things safely, ethically and responsibly;
- mandate that our suppliers commit to fair employment policies, including humane treatment of their employees and no use of child labour;
- maintain a whistleblowing facility (GMS03-11-01 Speaking Out) that enables all employees and contractors to raise concerns without fear of reprisals;
- mandate that our employees and contractors comply with this policy, and
- ensure our Group Ethics and Compliance Committee meets regularly to monitor, and take action to maintain, the effectiveness of this policy.