We are continuously upgrading Cloud Fleet Manager, adding new functionality, enhancements and improving the overall usability. With this article, we would like to give you a brief overview of some of the greater edits to the system. For a comprehensive overview of all changes, you can visit the “What’s New” report in Cloud Fleet Manager at any time to see what exactly happened in each of our modules.
New features and enhancements
CFM Certificates ensures that you all your necessary certificates are up to date and this way, that your vessels are seaworthy. It provides you with various options for the setup of certificate types, such as pre-warning periods, categorization on the revalidation (on expiry, annual or intermediate surveys), the definition of port- or flag-state requirements, or the assignment of responsibilities.
- We have completely overhauled the design and layout of the entire application, making it more modern and visually engaging. The overhaul was done with the user in mind, improving the application's usability and efficiency.
- A variety of dedicated lists have been added to the dashboard in Cloud Ship Manager to make managing certificates easier. A dashboard list shows mandatory certificates that are missing, while a dashboard tab displays recently expired certificates. Another dashboard card shows expiring certificates whose defined 'Warning Period -/+' has been reached or exceeded. Additionally, a dashboard list provides vessel certificates that are within their defined warning period. Lastly, a new 'History' tab is available that provides historical vessel certificates.
CFM Charter allows you to draw up contracts in a few steps and automatically create invoices. Easily conduct laytime calculations, forecast earnings from charter agreements and execute post calculations.
- Charter invoices now display documents of assigned payments and expenses. You can also attach new documents to an invoice or manage existing documents, regardless of the invoice’s status.
- To provide more comprehensive information to users, we have added a new 'Operations' section to the Owner Contracts page, which shows all related MRV data for the contract's timespan. This feature was added to help users better track and manage their vessel operations data.
CFM Crewing is your one-stop solution to handle all crew-related tasks centrally and in an intuitive way. From master data management of seafarers, planning the crews on board as well as their relief, the management of working and rest hours of the crew up to managing payrolls, everything can be done in one single solution.
- To improve flexibility in planning, seafarers’ permanent contracts can now be marked as ‘Temporary’. This can be used for permanent seafarers occupying a rank only for a certain amount of time.
- We improved the Add/Edit modals for wage scales through design and text enhancements, as well as a more logical separation of voyage and permanent wage scales. This provides users with enhanced usability and better data management.
- The ‘Officer Retention Rate’ report was renamed to ‘Retention Rate’ report. The scope of the report was expanded to include rating ranks as well.
- Person History Types can now be specified as 'Training'. This allows overrides to be applied to the permanent wagescale paycode matrix for all person history types that are configured accordingly. The type 'Illness' was also renamed to 'Sickness'.
- The 'Person History Types' card has been redesigned to conform to the application's standards. Additionally, payroll settings have been renamed for the sake of consistency.
- Assignments either in status ‘Embarked’ or ‘Offsigned’ that result in an overlapping time periods can no longer be added to the system to ensure data integrity.
- To improve accuracy and prevent errors in rest hour planning, users are now restricted from entering rest hour periods for planned seafarers and dates outside of their respective assignment periods. This change was made to ensure that rest hours are properly recorded and adhere to industry regulations.
- The IMO Crewlist export now allows users to specify whether the crew should be exported based on assignment status or assignment dates.
- A wagescale paycode item value can now have up to 15 digits. This change was made to provide greater flexibility and precision in managing wagescales and paycodes.
CFM Maintenance allows you to plan your maintenance work centrally, precisely and according to your requirements. It gives you full visibility of your fleet status and lets you regain control over the maintenance jobs of your fleet.
- Selecting a vessel from the 'Installations' card, on which equipment is installed, now redirects you to the linked component.
- An orange color-coded triangle with an exclamation mark has been added to the counters. This icon appears when a counter value is added or deleted, indicating that the values have not yet been fully processed.
- We have added a new dashboard card dedicated to 'Latest Comments' in Cloud Ship Manager, displaying the most recent comments made within the last 7 days. This enhancement provides users with quick access to the most recent comments, allowing for more efficient and effective communication within the system.
- To improve the usability of the 'Vessel Locations' section in the master data settings, we have added the ability to sort locations by drag and drop for the entire user base. This feature was added to help users easily organize and manage their vessel location data.
CFM MRV & IMO DCS enables you to easily record and analyse all key figures required to achieve compliance with both the EU MRV and IMO DCS regulations. The required data can be entered directly on board, all further calculations are carried out automatically in the system, you only have to forward the results.
- A new endpoint was added to the public API that aggregates voyage port stays, marked as ‘Skip Port’ into a single voyage leg.
CFM Purchase provides you with all sections of the purchasing process at one point in an intelligently structured manner, gives you full control over your budgets and allows your suppliers to work directly with this information. Thanks to an intuitive dashboard that features the most relevant information and upcoming tasks, CFM Purchase always focuses on what is important and streamlines the complete purchasing workflow.
- To improve clarity, the associated budget group is now displayed when selecting an entry in the budget overview.
- For an enhanced overview of past processes, the option to include historical requisitions was added to the global search filter.
- We've extended the flyout menu for defining requisitions, allowing you to hover over an item and view a graph displaying the product's price trend over the last 180 days. This will help you assess the current price at a glance.
- When hovering over an entry in the budget overview, the selected vessel and budget group are highlighted, making them more distinguishable.
- The public API to create requisitions now allows you to include the budget group. Additionally, the GET API for requisitions was extended and now also returns the ETA, ETD, and port information.
- It is now possible for users to send ShipServ orders without an existing inquiry. This change was made to streamline the procurement process and provide greater flexibility.
CFM Schedules & Agents enables you to organise your fleet’s schedules and agent master-data in one shared resource and let your crew take part in schedule management. Schedules, as well as agent’s master data, can be directly entered on board and synchronised with the office, making the information automatically accessible in the Portal, Partner Portal and in your mobile app.
- We have added a new feature that allows users on board to edit an agent's name and country. If the combination of name and country already exists in the system, a warning message will be displayed to users on board the vessel. However, duplicates can still be saved and used if necessary. This enhancement provides greater flexibility and efficiency when managing agent information, while still maintaining data integrity within the system.
Cloud Ship Manager (CSM) integrates your fleet directly into all processes, is intuitively usable and enables your crew, to capture data at sea and to forward it to the office. Through this, your crew on board and your personnel on shore fuse to jointly acting teams.
- To improve security and protect user data, Shipclient users will now be automatically logged out after 30 minutes of inactivity. This change was made to prevent unauthorized access to user accounts and ensure that sensitive data is kept secure.