CFM Updates - January 2023
We are continuously upgrading Cloud Fleet Manager, adding new functionality, enhancements and improving the overall usability. With this article, we would like to give you a brief overview of some of the greater edits to the system. For a comprehensive overview of all changes, you can visit the “What’s New” report in Cloud Fleet Manager at any time to see what exactly happened in each of our modules.
New features and enhancements
CFM Crewing is your one-stop solution to handle all crew-related tasks centrally and in an intuitive way. From master data management of seafarers, planning the crews on board as well as their relief, the management of working and rest hours of the crew up to managing payrolls, everything can be done in one single solution.
- A new global setting allows to specify whether Seably profiles are either manually (de-)activated or if this should be done automatically, based on assignments or active person history periods.
- When creating an assignment, it is now possible to add contract deviations (+/-) for rank settings. This allows you to specify a global and nationality-specific default. By removing the need to manually adjust deviations, a significant amount of time can be saved and the risk of errors in contract management is reduced.
- To ease the management of payrolls, we improved our functionality: Users can now set up whether forward balances are disabled, forwarded within current assignments/permanent contracts only, sequentially forwarded across different assignments/permanent contracts or forwarded regardless of any gaps between payrolls.
In addition to the changes above, we made a variety of minor edits to CFM Crewing including changes to reports and APIs, easing of seafarer data management as well as enhancements for internal performance reviews.
CFM Event Reporting lets you make the most of your data and gain real insights into the performance of your fleet by monitoring a wide variety of key figures. By monitoring reports about times of arrival and departure, the begin and end of sea passage (BOSP/EOSP), bunker consumptions, times of anchorage or lay-up as well as noon reports, CFM Event Reporting lets you see the big picture of your fleet – enabling you to conduct further analyses.
- The API for multiple Event Reports was extended and now provides a variety of new information. This way, you have an even more extensive range of data available for further use.
CFM Maintenance allows you to plan your maintenance work centrally, precisely and according to your requirements. It gives you full visibility of your fleet status and lets you regain control over the maintenance jobs of your fleet.
- A vessel's components may need to be removed, reconditioned, sold, scrapped, or undergo other treatments during their lifetime. With our new component transfer feature, users can efficiently manage these transfers across multiple vessels, with complete visibility into the status and history of each component.
- Usage-based intervals can now be defined for equipment’s’ job definitions even if they have no counter at all.
CFM MRV & IMO DCS enables you to easily record and analyse all key figures required to achieve compliance with both the EU MRV and IMO DCS regulations. The required data can be entered directly on board, all further calculations are carried out automatically in the system, you only have to forward the results.
- To comply with the new CII regulation, we added new reports to our module: The CII reports allow a prediction of the CII values, your vessels will have. A report’s ‘CII Correction Factors’ are displayed on the report details card.
CFM Purchase provides you with all sections of the purchasing process at one point in an intelligently structured manner, gives you full control over your budgets and allows your suppliers to work directly with this information. Thanks to an intuitive dashboard that features the most relevant information and upcoming tasks, CFM Purchase always focuses on what is important and streamlines the complete purchasing workflow.
- To ease budget management, budget groups are not mandatory anymore for newly added catalog items.
- The purchase-related ‘Order’ template was extended and now provides additional tables and fields for vessels’ communication details.
- A dedicated permission to ‘Unmark Invoices as Checked’ is now available.
- To ease process management, orders can now be created based on an already existing requisition via our public API.
CFM Schedules & Agents enables you to organise your fleet’s schedules and agent master-data in one shared resource and let your crew take part in schedule management. Schedules, as well as agent’s master data, can be directly entered on board and synchronised with the office, making the information automatically accessible in the Portal, Partner Portal and in your mobile app.
To ease navigation and always provide the most relevant data, users can now specify which vessels are displayed by selecting their user avatar and then choosing the respective responsibility type.