Local Information Categories
The details of Local Information available at Port are categorised under a number of headings. Details of the types of information included within the structured categories is available below.
- What delays in berthing, loading, discharging or bunkering can be expected with regular occurrence
- Dates and details of official and local holidays and whether or not cargo work can be arranged on those days
- Notices to Mariners
- Local time in relation to GMT and dates/details of any alterations made to clocks during the year e.g. Summer time
- Details of tidal range, wind force and direction, precipitation, sea state and whether there are restrictions due to exposure of the berth
- Contact information for the local weather bureau and broadcasting frequency for weather reports