The information about Facilities procedures are categorised under a number of headings. Details of the types of information included within the structured categories is available below.
- Availability of ships’ provisions
- Name and contact details of ship supply service operators who are able to supply craft or helicopters for transfer of stores, crew and sick personnel
- Also range, capacity and rendezvous points of supply craft and helicopters
- Dimensions of largest drydock and the number of smaller docks
- Maximum deadweight, LOA, beam and draft of vessel accommodated
- If no drydocks at port, location of nearest drydocks
- Availability, method and rate of delivery, approximate cost per ton and who arranges delivery
- Grades (viscosities) of fuel and lube oil available, amount of notice required, who arranges delivery and method of delivery
- If bunkers supplied by vessel/barge, minimum/maximum quantity to be ordered
- Whether necessary for agents to receive notice of required medical attention and the amount of notice required
- Whether hospital and dental facilities are available
- Any other relevant medical information such as particular inoculations required, vaccination/fever certificates, etc., and whether inoculations and vaccinations can be carried out
- For offshore terminals, evacuation availability for urgent medical cases
- Whether all types of deck and engine repairs are possible, and if not, then what types of repairs may be carried out
- Full contact details for the operator(s) of the repair facility
- Details of any special services available, for example tank-cleaning equipment, compass adjusting, radio and radar repairs, supply of charts, nautical publications, sounding paper, course recorder paper, Notices to Mariners, safety equipment
- Possibility of extension of certificates
- Details of whether vessels can receive stores, access to berth, use of forklift trucks and availability of local riggers
- Availability of cargo inspectors, e.g. Saybolt, Caleb Brett; superintendents, etc.
- Availability of surveyors, e.g. Lloyds Register, American Bureau, Bureau Veritas, Salvage Association, US Salvage, etc.